The M.S. in Applied Statistics is intended for the student pursuing a Ph.D. in another field at Indiana University who wishes to enhance his or her statistical knowledge and credentials by obtaining a graduate degree in Statistics in addition to a graduate degree in his or her primary field of study.
- Admission to this program requires that the student be admitted to another graduate program at IU, is in good academic standing, and has permission from the Director of Graduate Studies of his or her primary department.
- Students must be admitted to the program before they begin their 6th course toward the degree.
- There are guidelines set forth by the University Graduate School regarding how much overlap of coursework there can be when a student is pursuing two degrees. Therefore, students must be careful when choosing their courses. If you are considering pursuing this degree, please contact the Director of Graduate Studies immediately.
- Meet with the Director of Graduate Studies in the Department of Statistics to discuss your proposed coursework. Bring a copy of the departmental application form with you to the meeting.
- Complete the Graduate School application for admission.
- The online application is here: http://graduate.indiana.edu/admissions/apply.shtml
- NOTE: Only complete the sections of the online application that are marked with an asterisk.
- There is a $60 application fee when you submit your application online. If your current program is in the College of Arts and Sciences this fee will be waived automatically. If your current program is outside the College this fee cannot be waived.
- Submit the following to email@example.com:
- a copy of all non-IU transcript(s) in PDF form;
- the departmental application *signed by your Director of Graduate Studies and your the Director of Graduate Studies.
If you have any questions about the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of Graduate Studies.